INFORMATION FOR DOCTORAL PROGRAM IN MEDICAL SCIENCES REGISTRATION
Doctoral Program in Medical Sciences
Faculty of Medicine Universitas Brawijaya
To become an internationally recognized pioneer and reformer study program in the fields of Biomedical Science, Reproductive Biology, Medical Technology, and Social Medicine to support culture-based industries for the benefit of society.
1. Organizing high quality education, research, and community service in the fields of Biomedical Sciences, Reproductive Biology, Medical Technology, and Social Medicine in achieving the highest academic competence to produce graduates who have intellectual integrity and professional attitudes;
2. Carrying out the role of the study program as an agent of renewal, a pioneer, and disseminator of science and technology in the fields of medicine and health based on the values of local wisdom to improve the quality of life;
3. Organizing superior, equitable, and sustainable study program governance
Areas of Interest
1. Biomedical Sciences
2. Reproductive Biology
3. Medical Technology
4. Social Medicine
1. Regular Class I (By Course) : 50 – 56 credits
2. Regular Class II (By Research) : 44 – 48 credits
The registration of new students of the Doctoral Program in Medical Sciences FMUB for Odd Semester of Academic Year 2022/2023 Batch 2 starts from 9 May to 29 July 2022. The selection system is through an initial selection of applicants (prospective students) by considering administrative and academic completeness, followed by the next selection by conducting an interview test.The student acceptance is decided by the Dean of FMUB at the suggestion of the Head of the Doctoral Program in Medical Sciences. The written notification of students’ acceptance and rejection by the Dean of FMUB will be sent to the student’s address.
The new student admission system considers the following, namely:
(1) Administrative Requirements
(2) Academic Requirements
(4) The study program’s capacity and availability of the Advisory Commission.
- Legalized copy of master (or its equivalent) diploma in a related or unrelated discipline, with a GPA of ≥ 3,00 (at 0-4 scale).
- Two letters of recommendation from a lecturer/Thesis Supervisor/the Head of Study Program of the last education institution who can attest to the academic eligibility of a prospective student.
- A letter of assignment or permission letter (if a candidate works for an agency/organization). If a candidate is a lecturer at a state or private university, a permission letter must be issued by the Rector/Dean/Kopertis (Private Higher Education Coordination). For a candidate from the Ministry of Health or other institutions, the Head of Health Department or Hospital Director/Chief Executive Officer must issues a permission letter. The letter should state that the person concerned is exempted from agency duties if it is a study assignment (tugas belajar/tubel) or that leniency is given if it is a study permit (ijin belajar/ibel).
- Health certificate including a drug-free statement provided by government-owned hospitals.
- Letter of statement that the candidate concerned is active or inactive in an official position during the length of the study. The prospective students’ direct superior should acknowledge the letter.
- A financial statement providing information on the student’s financial support detailing the source of fund and/or sponsor during the whole length of the study period.
- Recent color photograph (size 4 x 6 cm)
- Copy of identity card
- A valid certificate of Scholastic Aptitude Test (Tes Potensi Akademik/TPA) issued by OTO BAPPENAS with a minimum score of 500. However, during a health quarantine period, a TPA certificate from government institutions/agencies outside BAPPENAS is allowed as well. The criteria for a health quarantine period are in accordance with Law Number 6 the Year 2018.
- A valid TOEFL ITP or equivalent certificate issued by an official TOEFL ITP institution with a minimum score of 525.
- Publication of journal articles and/or two certificates of participation in a national/international conference from the last two years.
- An outline of the research proposal (5 pages at maximum) which is in line with the research roadmap of DPMS-FMUB.
- Prospective students in the field of Medical Sciences for interest in Biomedical Sciences include Masters in the fields of Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Medicine (Specialist), Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Pharmacy, Life Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedicine, Reproductive Biology), Nutrition, and Sports Health Sciences.
- Prospective students in the field of Medical Sciences for Reproductive Biology interest include Masters in the fields of Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Medicine (Specialist), Veterinary Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Life Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedicine, Reproductive Biology), and Nutrition.
- Prospective students in the field of Medical Sciences for Social Medicine interest include masters in the fields of Basic Medicine, Clinical Medicine (Specialist), Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Nutrition, Environmental Health, and Public Health.
- Prospective students in the field of Medical Sciences for the interest in Medical Technology include Masters in the fields of Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Medicine (Specialist), Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Life Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedicine, Reproductive Biology), and Sports Health Sciences. For this interest in Medical Technology, prospective students can come from fields of science that are not allied to Medical Sciences, including Masters in the fields of Electrical Engineering, Informatics Engineering, Computer Science, and Biomedical Technology. Prospective students must attach a certificate of passing the Matriculation Program issued by DPMS FMUB.
- For research-based learning schemes, prospective students are required to have Recognition of Past Learning (RPL), independent learning, strong commitment, and high integrity in scientific development. Recognition of Past Learning (RPL) is an acknowledgment of a person’s Learning Outcomes (CP) obtained through formal, non-formal education, and/or work experience. The process of recognizing learning achievements for RPL can be through:
- Formal education in the form of credit transfer
- Formal or non-formal education, and/or work experience as evidenced by a certificate from the supervisor/supervisor.
- The interview will be conducted when the administrative requirements and academic requirements of prospective students have been completed. Prospective students have to submit a hard copy of the requirements before the interview.
- The interview aims to assess the readiness and ability of prospective students to complete their education within the stipulated time.
- During the interview, prospective students are asked to give a brief presentation about their research plan/outline to assess the novelty, adequacy, and visibility of the plan.
Registration form Download PSDIK Registration Form Fill in the form with capital letters and black ink.
Fees: The fees applied at DPMS FMUB are as follows:
|Registration fee (one-time payment)||IDR 2.000.000|
|Tuition fee per semester for Regular Class 1||IDR 20.000.000|
|Tuition fee per semester for Regular Class 2||IDR 25.000.000|
|International Tuition Fee||$ 5250|
1. The registration fee must be paid in advance so that the next process can be carried out online.
2. Regular Class II is carried out based on applicable regulations.
3. For further information, please contact:
Education Center Building (GPP) 5th Floor
Building A Faculty of Medicine Universitas Brawijaya
Jl. Veteran, Malang 65145
Phone 0341-575790, Fax 0341-575790
Or call us at:
+6281232318046 (Hadi Santoso)
+628113590859 (Indah Wulandari)
For Detail Information (Student Local) : https://selma.ub.ac.id/